bart is a lifestyle art program which turns established bars and restaurants into commercial art spaces. The program was first run as part of the Liverpool Biennial 2004.
It was designed with a number of key objectives in mind.
- build audiences by demonstrating art as an enjoyable and accessible lifestyle choice
- attract hospitality sponsors to the wider festival which guaranteed sales generation
- provide an additional platform for local artists to both exhibit and sell work
- provide an opportunity for catering and tourism industries to benefit from and engage with the wider festival
- devise a model of good practice in sponsorship generation in which all partners benefit
This is one of my best examples to date of an integrated sponsorship program designed to benefit all parties commercially. The project was entirely funded through sponsorship and was successful in generating commissions, pr, sales and opportunities for all involved.